Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri May 9 12:12:23 EDT 2003

I previously wrote:

> Are you sure about this?  I think I'll follow up with TrollTech (since
> this would help me out), but from their Qt commercial license info at
> http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licensing.html:

For those who may be following, I just wanted to close the loop and
indicate that I've received confirmation back from TrollTech sales
that their license is _not_ a floating license, but is tied to an
individual developer (with allowance for transferrence at reasonable
intervals - the web site says every 6 months but apparently the actual
time period is a little more flexible).  One of the stated reasons for
doing this is that technical support is tied to the individual by
e-mail address (which seems a tad like rationalizing, since it's easy
enough to just send questions from the appropriate e-mail address).

So in the grand scheme of things that would mean per-developer
licenses for Qt itself, but from Phil's followup, PyQt would need
licenses for the maximum number of developers working on Qt code at
any given time.

-- David