several logging module questions

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue May 27 08:35:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

we are running a bunch of productions on several machines and everything is
controlled
through a single script on every production machine. We want to use the
logging module
but there are some unresolved problems:

-  how can I configure the configuration file (global to all machines) to
include
    the hostname of the production machine? This should be generic since I
don't want
    to change the configuration for every single machine.

- the "format" key in a formatters section does not seem to accept \n to
create
   multi-line strings?! I need this to create email notifications

- how can I create a generic filename for a FileHandler based on some global
   variables (containing the informations about the ongoing production)?

Andreas