(no subject)

Van Gale news at exultants.org
Mon May 19 07:19:56 EDT 2003

Ravi Shankar wrote:
> Hi , I am Ravi from India . I would be interested in working on any
> Python project . I would like to join if you are already working on some

Hi Ravi,

As Bo suggested, a good plan might be to search on sourceforge.net for
Python projects.

However, I think it's probably better to just use projects that you
think are interesting and then contribute patches for any bugs you find.
  If you contribute good patches, and show a lot of interest in the
project, you stand a better chance of being accepted as a team member.

In other words, look for a project you like and find interesting.  Join
any mailing lists devoted to that project and start contributing to
project discussions.  Look at any bug databases that might be available
for the project and contribute patches to fix those bugs.

Van

p.s. As Bo also hinted, it's better to use plain text messages to this
newsgroup.  Many people don't have HTML newsreaders.