Where does win32 python command prompt history happen?

Nomad nomad*** at ***absamail.co.za
Thu May 15 16:25:43 EDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 19:36:13 GMT, "drs" <drs at ecp.cc> wrote:

>"Gary Bishop" <gb at cs.unc.edu> wrote in message
>news:3ec27298_2 at news.unc.edu...
>> When I run python in a command window (dos box) on WindowsXP, I get
>> simple command history. For example I can press the up-arrow key to
>> get previous commands typed to the prompt.
>>
>> My question is, where does this happen? I've looked at the code and I
>> can't see it. I've even built a debug build and stepped through it,
>> and I still can't see it. As far as I can tell it must happen down in
>> the Windows KERNEL somewhere. Can that be? Is this stuff documented
>> anywhere?
>
>in win9x days one had to enably doskey in the auotexec.bat file to get this.
>afaik, at least since win2k, this has been part of the command prompt.  I
>doubt it is in the kernel, but it is part of windows.

I don't think it's part of windows while it's in the Python
interactive console.

IIRC it's part of the readline library.

HTH

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.