Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 10 01:51:05 EDT 2003

Andrew Henshaw wrote:

>>> For example, if someone had distributed a Qt app for Win2000 before
>>> XP was released, then that app wouldn't automatically get the facelift
>>> that a wxWindows app would have gotten.

> Here are some screenshots from a small app that I've done using wxPython
> (thanks to kodos <http://kodos.sourceforge.net> for the UI inspiration)
>
> under win2000:
>    http://webpages.charter.net/ahenshaw/regexTester2000.jpg
>
> and under winXP:
>         http://webpages.charter.net/ahenshaw/regexTesterXP.jpg
>
> with no manifest file.  I'd say they both look appropriately native and that
> the facelift is notable.

did you use a version of wxPython distributed *before* Windows
XP was released?

or are you just saying that if you can get a facelift if you upgrade
portions of your application (i.e. the wxPython libraries) only if you
use wxPython?   that's in line with much wxPython propaganda I've
seen over the years, but I can assure you that it has very little to
do with reality.

</F>