Date type

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri May 16 12:47:10 EDT 2003

[John Hunter]
> Oh, details, details.... Python 2.1!  The pure python datetime module
> I just pointed you to requires 2.2.  It may have been backported,
> however.

Nope.  Zope3 requires Python 2.2 (or later), and I maintain the pure-Python
workalike for Zope3-under-2.2's benefit.  They pay me to do this, and I
wouldn't do it for pleasure <wink>.

> If not, you could probably do it yourself...

Should be a matter of ripping out new-style class gimmicks (derivation from
object, __slots__, properties, changing type-checking, *maybe* needs a
different approach to pickling then).  Not all obvious but certainly doable.