[Python-Dev] bsddb185 module changes checked in

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed May 7 09:08:44 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 22:50 Europe/Amsterdam, Skip Montanaro
wrote:

> The various bits necessary to implement the "build bsddb185 when
> appropriate" have been checked in.  I'm pretty sure I don't have the
> best
> possible test for the existence of a db library, but it will have to
> do for
> now.  I suspect others can clean it up later during the beta cycle.
> The
> current detection code in setup.py should work for Nick on OSF/1 and
> for
> platforms which don't require a separate db library.
>
> I'd appreciate some extra pounding on this code.

On SGI Irix 6.5 (MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.2.1) it tries to build it,
and fails. It complains about "u_int" and such not being defined.
There's
magic at the top of /usr/include/db.h for defining various types
optionally,
and that's as far as my understanding went.
Goldman