prePEP: Decimal data type

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Nov 6 15:40:23 EST 2003

[BTW, Facundo, you proably need quote-printable most of the time to deal
with Spanish, but it adds a lot of cruft (left in below) when dealing
with plain English.  If you could figure a way to disable that, it'd be
a big help.]

In article <mailman.491.1068143473.702.python-list at python.org>,
Batista, Facundo <FBatista at uniFON.com.ar> wrote:
>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A494.06BF20D0
>
>Aahz wrote:
>
>#- >  Enter the context stack.
>#-=20
>#- Well, sure.  And it won't be hard to add given that Decimal=20
>#- will already
>#- need to track thread-specific Context.  But modules changing Context
>#- will still need to explicitly push and pop Context because=20
>#- usually you
>#- will just want to replace the current Context.
>
>OK. So, as long Decimal comply with the "a Context per thread" item, =
>it's
>everything allright?

For the most part, though you'll need to add the Context stack at some
point.  That can be left for later, once we see how Decimal gets used in
practice; Guido's idea may work better.

--Bill Harlan