PyQt, Qt, Windows and Linux

Brian codeapocalypse at msn.com
Mon Nov 3 16:21:56 EST 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message news:<KVcpb.399539$R32.
>Vamsi Mudrageda wrote:
>> 2) Do I need to buy a license from TrollTech?
>
> Yes, or from one of Trolltech's licensed resellers of licenses.  The
> cheapest way you can proceed, I believe, is to buy Blackadder, personal
> edition, from theKompany.com: it comes with personal-use licenses of
> PyQt and Qt for both Linux and Windows (I _think_ mac, too, but I don't
> know about that).  I believe it currently costs US $70 .

Note that according to the BlackAdder page at thecompany.com, you must
purchase the business edition ($400, currently) if you want the right
to distribute the run-time elements of it.  I'm not sure if the OP
only wanted to distribute an app for use on his own windows box, or
distribute his application on the net for use by others.

Trolltech's pricing strategy, for me, keeps me on wxWindows.  Qt does
seem like an excellent product, however.