Py2exe on windows

Ray sunking77 at
Sun Nov 2 05:26:40 CET 2003

I'm using Win XP with Python2.2 and PY2exe0.4.2
python and py2exe i downloaded from their websites.
The following is a copy of my cmd.exe shell
showing what i type in and the error messages.

C:\Python22>python py2exe --ico EXE icon
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 7, in ?
    scripts = [""],
  File "C:\Python22\distutils\", line 101, in setup
    _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
  File "C:\Python22\distutils\", line 130, in __init__
    setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute