xmlrpc via local proxy

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sun Nov 2 03:14:34 EST 2003

"Ben" <crescent_au at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d99e1341.0311012336.1eb95116 at posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to connect to URL such as http://betty.userland.com through
> my LAN proxy. I've read earlier postings on this newsgroups but still
> i haven't been able to figure out the way to do it. It doesn't look so
> simple. It's very easy to do it using httplib and urllib but xmlrpc
> looks a bit complicated. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way
> around this problem?
>
> My code is like this:
>
> import xmlrpclib
>
> betty = xmlrpclib.Server("http://betty.userland.com")
> print betty.examples.getStateName(32)

Results from pasting exactly this:

ActivePython 2.3.2 Build 230 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
Python 2.3.2 (#49, Oct 24 2003, 13:37:57) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import xmlrpclib
>>>
>>> betty = xmlrpclib.Server("http://betty.userland.com")
>>> print betty.examples.getStateName(32)
New York

This is from behind a MonMotha iptables firewall configured with Squid as
transparent proxy.

So, it works for me...  ;-)

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com