COG sample code problem

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Wed Nov 12 17:11:51 EST 2003

I'm running COG 0.5 with python 2.3.2 windows build #49.  When I ran the
sample code benchmark.py I got this error:

while saving <cog.registry.Registry object at 0x008EAB50>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\cog\db.py", line 368, in save_objects
self.io.save_obj(obj, oid, self)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\cog\io.py", line 252, in save_obj
pickler.dump(obj.__class__)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'cog.registry.Registry'>: it's not the
same object as cog.registry.Registry

Has anyone seen this problem before?  Can anyone give me a hand?

I'm trying out COG because pickle was not able to handle the task of
pickling my object graph.  Now I'm getting a pickle error in COG.  It's as
if pickle is out to get me.

I wonder if COG is going to have the same recursion limit pickle had since
it uses pickle.