newbie : using python to generate web-pages

biner biner.sebastien at ouranos.ca
Fri Nov 28 13:57:31 EST 2003

Hello all,

  I am taking up on the work of a coleague who developed a big perl
script to generate a bunch of html files. I am taking over his task
and I looked at his code. It is quite messy because he used simple
"print" command to print the html code into files so the script is a
mix of html an perl. Quite ugly.

  I don't know much about perl but I know that there are html
shortcuts in the CGI module that could allow me to make the code more
readable. Something like "print em(toto)" that would print
"<em>toto</em>"

  Is there anything like that in Python. I did not find anything yet.
I don't know much about python (even less than perl) but I hear good
things about it all the time so I would like to use this project to
get familiar with python.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.
Ciao!