httplib and Proxy

Eric Baker google.com.112139 at satilla.com
Thu Nov 20 10:41:33 EST 2003

"Rolf Wester" <wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bpiked$4jd$1 at nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...
> Hi,
>
> I want to fetch some web-pages via http. I know how to do this without a
> proxy server in between but unfortunately we can only access the
> internet via a proxy. I would be very appriciative if anybody could tell
> me how to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rolf Wester
>
> P.S.: I would not mind to use sockets directly

>From the Library Reference:
The urlopen() function works transparently with proxies which do not require
authentication. In a Unix or Windows environment, set the http_proxy,
ftp_proxy or gopher_proxy environment variables to a URL that identifies the
proxy server before starting the Python interpreter. For example (the "%" is
the command prompt):

% http_proxy="http://www.someproxy.com:3128"
% export http_proxy
% python