python license apply to all mdules?

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Sun Nov 23 00:54:21 EST 2003

"Mark Hahn" <mark at hahnca.com> writes:

> For example, does the bsddb module only require the standard python license
> or does it include the sleepycat restrictions?

Since it doesn't include the Sleepycat database code, I'm not sure how
the Sleepycat restrictions could apply. If you decide to install the
Sleepycat software, naturally their license would apply (especially if
you were going to bundle it in a package that you distribute).

If you look as the bsdbmodule.c file, you can see there's no license
information at the start of the file. I suspect this means that the
standard Python license applies.

IANAL, so please don't treat the above as legal advice.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')