Unload extension modules when python22.dll unloads... [using C extension interpreter]

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sat Nov 8 00:50:07 EST 2003

Anand wrote:

> Tim,
>      thanks a lot for your suggestions. this is lot simpler than my
> wxpython approach.
>
> Thanks,
> Anand.
>
> Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote in message news:<dgfq71-1nk.ln1 at eskimo.tundraware.com>...
>
>>Another thought: If you are running on Win32, (iirc) there is a way to
>>present a dialog box directly from a python script using win32all. This
>>method, while not portable, has the advantage of not having to go
>>through all the usual GUI gobbledy-gook to set up and process the dialog
>>
>>import win32gui
>>
>>retval = win32gui.DialogBox(....)
>>
>>HTH,

There is, of course, still _some_ fiddling around you have to do to setup
the Box for native Win32 API calls ... I'd be interested in seeing a
sample of the code when you get it working...

The one downside of doing things this way (beyond the lack of portability)
is that you do have to know the win32 apis well, which I do not.  But it
does seem to be a more quick-n-dirty approach than having to go through
all the overhead of wxWin or Tkinter setup ...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com