pymat and Matlab6.5

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 26 20:56:12 EST 2003

    Juntu> To who read this message: I am trying to use pymat with
    Juntu> python2.3 and matlab6.5 but unfortunatlly it does not work
    Juntu> because it is intended for python2.2. I tried to recompile
    Juntu> the source code to make it work with matlab6.5 and
    Juntu> python2.3 platform but it does not work for my at all. Is
    Juntu> there any one in this plant who have already the compiled
    Juntu> library and sned it to me by email or post it in the
    Juntu> internet in the Python web site.

Not an answer to your question but, what are you trying to do?

Numeric and scipy provide a lot of matlab functionality -- the MLab
module of Numeric provides many functions with matlab compatible
arguments and return values.  There are python modules for loading
*.mat files into python dictionaries in the matfile library
ftp://ion.le.ac.uk/matfile/matfile.tar.gz.  The matplotlib.mlab
library complements MLab by adding more matlab compatible functions to
python, and matplotlib.matlab library provides matlab compatible
plotting in python

  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net

If using python instead of matlab is an option for you, let us know
what you are trying to do and in most cases my guess is there is a
python solution.

Former pymat user now almost completely weaned from matlab,
John Hunter