win32print how to lower cpu load?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sun Nov 30 11:48:04 EST 2003

Guy Robinson:
> I've got this working print queue monitor and currently it checks
the
> queues every 1 second. I'm worried that I might miss events if I set
> the delay to more than this. Particularly as I would like to perform
> functions depending on status codes.

You could pause all the printers, live with the one second delay, and
selectively release jobs for printing and deletion.

Alternately, missing entire jobs seems to indicate that everything is
working as it should.  Aren't the most interesting status' the 'things
aren't normal' ones?

When I last needed to monitor printers, I monitored the spool queue on
disk instead, but I was interested in capturing the spooled content
and not the status.

HTH,

--

Emile van Sebille