simple echo server

Haris Bogdanovic haris.bogdanovic at zg.htnet.hr
Sun Nov 2 13:11:30 EST 2003

Simon Bayling wrote:
> Haris Bogdanovic <haris.bogdanovic at zg.htnet.hr> wrote in
> news:3FA4CB41.8080306 at zg.htnet.hr:

>>I ment telnet account. Is that the place where people normally put
>>their server part of the application or can I put somewhere else (is
>>there a common way to do this) ?
>

> Telnet account to what?
> You can put it anywhere you can run Python code on an operating system
> with TCP/IP.

> I copied the server example and ran it.
> I copied the client example, altered the HOST to 127.0.0.1 and ran it.
>
> It connected and sent/recieved "Hello, world", then finished.
>
> Just as it should do.
>
> Now, what error message are you getting?
>
> -- Simon.
It works for me fine too, when client and server execute on the same
computer (mine) but I get "access denied" error when I put server.py on
my free telnet account ("m-net.arbornet.org").
Is that the place where I should put server.py if I want to implement
chess server or is there some other common place where servers are put ?

Thanks
Haris