Thx All

Vamsi Mudrageda gte181u at prism.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 2 18:54:45 EST 2003

Thx everyone.

I was really surprised by all the quick responses.

Ok, to sum up my understanding.

I can freely develop and distribute python/pyqt/qt programs on my Linux,
but I must make the program freely available, ie. GPLed.  No problem there.

On Windows however, I need to buy a license from TrollTech if I want to
use their latest offerings (or I can explain my situation to them and
let them decide) as they no longer offer the non-commercial license for
Windows.  Once I get the license, I can make executables that can run on
other Windows w/o that user having to buy a license for qt or pyqt.

Did I miss anything?

The windows part is a little disappointing (I am a college student,
can't really afford the licenses... tho BlackAdder looks good), and I
hope TT will change something in the future.  Qt looks great (according
to KDE), and since my program is mainly for Linux, I guess I will head
in that direction.

Again, thx all.

PS. I will also write my situation to TrollTech as they suggested in
their "we no longer support the non-commercial license" webpage and
report their response back here.