More user feedback on Sets.py

William Trenker wtrenker at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 9 20:25:22 EST 2003

Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> For Py2.4, I'm working on a C implementation of Sets.py

I was exploring Aaron Watters' kjbuckets module today (Phillip Eby's PEAK framework uses it).

Now that a C implementation of Sets.py is in the works, I wonder if this is the time to consider merging at least some of the directed-graph functionality of kjbuckets into Sets.c?  The support in kjbuckets for graphs includes methods like: neighbors, reachable, and tclosure (transitive closure).

For those who haven't looked at it, the kjbuckets module provides objects for sets, directed-graphs, and algebraically-operable-dicts in an implementation that is "tightly coupled at the level of C, allowing fast and powerful algebraic combinations of container objects."  It is documented quite nicely here, http://gadfly.sourceforge.net/kjbuckets.html

Just food for thought,
Bill