a scipy installation problem?

avik avharut at netscape.net
Fri Nov 21 13:51:34 EST 2003

Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com> wrote in message
> What happens if you do "import scipy" instead of "from scipy import *"?
>
> "from ... import *" is _almost_ always a bad idea anyway, since it
> clutters up your namespace. It also causes issues with the reload()
> function. Avoid that usage unless you *really* know what you're doing.

Actually, up to now (during a short time, anyway) I have always used
"import <module>" without having any special reason to avoid "from
<module> import *" :-).
In the case of scipy I just tried out the first thing that's written
in its short tutorial and

the same is with that:

>>> import scipy
Segmentation fault (core dumped)