html renderer

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Sun Nov 16 09:10:04 EST 2003

I am looking for a textual html renderer (such as lynx) to be
called from a Python program. The only needed functionality is
the following: passing to it a string it should show the html file at
the first match of the string (it does not seem obvious to do it with
lynx, please correct me if I am wrong). Essentially, I want to be able to
to browse rapidly over a bunch of html files. Fancy graphics is not
important, easy of use is very important. Portable solutions are
better, but a Linux only solution would be good enough.

Any pointer?

TIA,

            Michele