python a bust?

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at
Sat Nov 15 03:20:56 CET 2003

Christopher Mahan wrote:
> I think also that when people get paid per hour, the longer the
> project, the more they make.
> Subconsiously I think, people don't necessarily want computer
> languages that are written fast.
> Now, if you're a consultant and bill "for the job" then in fact it is
> in your best interest to use a language that can be written quickly to
> do a particular set of tasks.

Or a business owner.  I want more productivity because when I write my
games, it's *my* money I'm losing.  Also as a consultant I think better
tools is a way to manage project risk.  You've got so many other ways for a
client to waste your time, to put you behind schedule, you'd like to have
your tools not be an additional way for the project to blow up in your face.

Brandon Van Every                Seattle, WA

Brandon's Law (after Godwin's Law):
"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of
a person being called a troll approaches one RAPIDLY."