Can I hook a "file" to a python script?

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Fri Nov 7 23:39:49 EST 2003

Hi!

I'd like a "file" on the Linux box to actually be the input and output
of a Python script.  Anything written to the file would be sent to a
database and anything read from the file would come from the database.
I know how to do the database end of this but I'm not sure if a script
can be hooked to a "file" transparently.  The script would probably
have to be run as a daemon.  I doubt there's enough magic in the Linux
world to make it so that a read/write would actually launch the script.
That'd be Ok.

Scott