Rekall and associated software go 100% GPL

GrayGeek jkrepsBEAR at FISHneb.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 09:25:57 EST 2003

John Dean wrote:

> Hi
>
> It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Rekall, the cross-platform
> alternative to MS Access, is now totally GPL. So please visit
> http://www.totalrekall.co.uk and download download a copy for yourself. In
> order for you to be able to download you must register with the Total
> Rekall Portal. The reason we have have made this a requirement is because
> we would like to be able to notify everybody when a new version becomes
> available. We are presently working on V2.2.0 and I am sure you would not
> like to miss out.
>
> You should also be aware that in order for for us to continue the future
> development of Rekall we will have to charge for technical support,
> customisation, training and consulting, therefore, now that we have gone
> wholly GPL, you will have to take out a technical support subscription. I
> will post information relating to support levels and pricing once we
> worked out the detail. In the meantime may I suggest that you sign up to
> our mailing list. Instructions can be found at the bottom of the home
> page.

mmm, either the registration process is overloaded, or it is not
functioning.  After registering I failed to receive the confirmatory email.
(Yes, my data was correct).
Anyone else notice this?
I see that all the previous msgs are on the 9th, but none after that.
--

-
GrayGeek