Tkinter "Expected boolean value"

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at ee.ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 27 07:38:34 EST 2003

Good morning.

I've got a Tkinter problem:

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 2310, in selection_present
return self.tk.getboolean(
TclError: expected boolean value but got ""

Now a few weeks ago there was a similar problem with the boolean value.
That's when the tcl started returning "???" for unknown fields in a
callback. This looks to be related. I am running the newest cygwin version
of python (Python 2.3 (#1, Aug  5 2003, 09:49:11)) with libtk and libtcl
8.4.

Is it possible to fix this without re-compiling? I've got a lot of
c-modules/wrappers etc. I'll have to do an installation of my program soon
and so far I've been able to use only the stock versions of cygwin.

Greg

"Many a man may look respectable, and yet be able to hide at will behind a
	spiral staircase."
				- Pelham (Plum) Grenville  Wodehouse