Microsoft Access read from linux python

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 06:41:58 EST 2003

[David ROBERT]
>> I've read a lot of things about mxODBC, iODBC and so on,
>> but I'm still very confused, It looks like it is _not_
>> possible.

[Ben Finney]
> One thing to be wary of is that there is no ODBC module in Python, so
> you will need to read the copyright license of any third-party module
> you choose to use.
>
> The mxODBC module (as made by eGenix) is certainly not licensed as free
> software:
>
>     <http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html#Copyright>

I meant to reply to this last week, but forgot.

There is a completely free (in all senses of the word) and open-source
ODBC module for python: It is Brian Zimmer's/Ziclix zxJDBC.

Of course, you're not going to like that either Ben, because it's in
Java and runs under jython.

But it is a free python ODBC library.

kind regards,

--