F2py and Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6, Win-XP

Markus Faust marfadeu at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 11:15:27 CET 2003

Pearu Peterson (pearu at cens.ioc.ee) replied by email:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 M wrote:

 >> This looks much better now, but I do not succeed in invoking the Visual
 >> Fortran Compiler. f2py always calls the mingw compiler. Do you have an
 >> idea? Thanks in advance Markus!

This is because f2py finds mingw compiler first. You can force f2py
to use other compilers either by defining

environment variable or using

switch. Note that the latter does not work with f2py.bat script on windows
and as a workaround write a f2py.py script containing two lines

   import f2py2e

In fact, I am dropping f2py.bat support for future f2py releases
(because I don't how to prevent .bat script to replace `=` with ` `). So,
you can remove f2py.bat altogether from your system.