F2py and Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6, Win-XP

Markus Faust marfadeu at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 05:15:27 EST 2003

Pearu Peterson (pearu at cens.ioc.ee) replied by email:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 M wrote:

<snip>

 >> This looks much better now, but I do not succeed in invoking the Visual
 >> Fortran Compiler. f2py always calls the mingw compiler. Do you have an
 >> idea? Thanks in advance Markus!

This is because f2py finds mingw compiler first. You can force f2py
to use other compilers either by defining

   FC_VENDOR=Compaq

environment variable or using

   --fcompiler=Compaq

switch. Note that the latter does not work with f2py.bat script on windows
and as a workaround write a f2py.py script containing two lines

   import f2py2e
   f2py2e.main()

In fact, I am dropping f2py.bat support for future f2py releases
(because I don't how to prevent .bat script to replace `=` with ` `). So,
you can remove f2py.bat altogether from your system.

Regards,
	Pearu