Request for simple a customisable Python editor

Paul Clinch pclinch at internet-glue.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 11:00:56 EST 2003

stephenlee at exe-coll.ac.uk wrote in message news:<mailman.520.1068205944.702.python-list at python.org>...
> I want to develop a simple Python program to edit source code that is
> persisted in a database (memo fields).
> The code to be edited is iHTML and SQL and I want syntax colouring and good
> basic features including tabs for multiple 'files' and searching.
> It will be a Win32 deployment.

A quick check of the python package index (www.python.org/pypi)
reveals PyPE (http://pype.sourceforge.net/) an editor written in
python with wxwindows.

Also the CUTE User-friendly Text Editor is a scintilla and QT based
code editor, which can be extented using the python scripting
language.

The project page of CUTE is http://cute.sourceforge.net.

pyscinitilla provides an interface to the popular scintilla code
editor at http://wingide.com/opensource/pyscintilla .

Regards, Paul Clinch