Reporting important unhandled exceptions before they occur

Afanasiy abelikov72 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:19:58 EST 2003

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:55:29 -0500, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>
wrote:

>Afanasiy wrote:
>>
>> I recently decided it would be best for me to know about unhandled
>> exceptions before they occur. I imagined some tool could check for this,
>> possibly even an extreme mode of PyChecker. However, I found none.
>>
>> I suppose, without much thought, that some tool could just list the last
>> few levels in which an exception could be thrown but is not handled.
>>
>> Does such a tool exist?
>>
>> P.S. I do not need to be lectured on why you might think this is bad.
>
>How about being lectured on why it's practically impossible for the
>general case?  ;-)

Then I am willing to accept the true general case, that which myself
as a human can generally determine by looking at the code and explicitly
seeing the few exceptions a function might throw.

I always assumed I would accept caveats, as I do when using PyChecker or
Psyco. I do not mean to report exceptions thrown from eval or related.

I believe there exists a subset of the apparent infinite possibilities
which can be reported and which would be utterly useful. ;-)