newbie : using python to generate web-pages

Rene Pijlman at
Fri Nov 28 20:38:03 CET 2003

[Generating HTML]
>  Is there anything like that in Python.

"Python does not come with tools to generate HTML. If you want an advanced
framework for structured HTML generation, I recommend Robin Friedrich's
HTMLGen 2.2 (available at,
If your favorite approach is to embed Python code within HTML in the
manner made popular by JSP, ASP, and PHP, one possibility is to use Python
Server Pages (PSP) as supported by Webware, mentioned in Chapter 20.
Another package, focused more specifically on the embedding approach, is
Spyce (available at
For advanced templating tasks, I recommend Cheetah (available at"

Source: Python in a Nutshell By Alex Martelli

Based on this recommendation I've just started using Cheetah. It looks
like a great tool to me.

René Pijlman