Python's simplicity philosophy

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Nov 21 16:52:45 EST 2003

Curt wrote:

> Well, you did do _something_ to the sample for which you fail to find
> a more descriptive word than "tweak".  I certainly do think that the
> proper word for the modified sample is "sorted"; yes, you sorted the
> file on the word "curty", by which I mean that you performed "an
> operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified
> criterion" (WordNet).

It seems at this point you're conceding that the file is not globally
sorted, and so retracting your original claim.  If uniq does something
meaningful and predictable, according to its documentation, on
non-sorted text, then obviously it does not require sorted input as you
once claimed.  All despite your goalpost shifting.

/  \
\__/ Golf is a good walk spoiled.
    -- Mark Twain