best GUI toolkit for python: tkinter, wxPython or what?

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at
Tue Nov 4 10:03:40 CET 2003

"Mark Roseman" <mark at> wrote in message
news:mark-DCA3D0.11503030102003 at

> If you have particular examples of where the look&feel of Tkinter
> was causing you problems, it would be great to hear about them.

Actually, *I* didn't have any trouble with Tkinter look&feel - The reason I
do not use it is beacuse there are no - well none that I could find anyway -
tools available to design Tkinter GUI's with!

Many applications that I need use wxWindows as well - SciPy f.ex. - so I
chose wxWindows as the lowest common denominator ;-)

To the OP: Right now I use Boa Constructor with wxWindows - I am happy with
it so far.