Talking through pipes interactively (on win32)

K_Lee Google_Post at
Mon Nov 10 16:55:40 CET 2003

janeaustine50 at (Jane Austine) wrote in message news:<ba1e306f.0311091118.24d80000 at>...
> I need to control a command line program via python.
> I first tried popen2 and 3 but I couldn't find a way to talk to the
> subprocess interactively; that is, read some and then write some, and
> read some more again... (suppose controlling an interactive shell
> program) When I try this with popen family, it just hangs. I have to
> close one pipe before reading from the other.
> I know that there is a wonderful thing called Expect, but it's not
> available on my machine(win32).
> Can anyone help me out?
> Jane

Expect is availabe on Win32.   I have used it and it works
very well.

SLink generates hyperlinks for all functions, macros, variables from
thousands of src file.  Browse hyperlinked source code for .NET CLI,
Mozilla, Apache, NetBSD, Ethereal, Chorus OS, TCL, Python, PHP at