2.3.2 complilatiion problem

Nigel Rowe rho at big_NOSPAM_pond.com
Sun Nov 9 21:07:23 EST 2003

navigating wrote:

> The attached (gcc.err) came out of the compilation on solaris 9 on an
> intel platform using gcc. I've also attached the config.log. Please
> advise.
>
> Regards.
>
> Ling Jiang

First bit of advice, do *NOT* post 11,000 line (320k) log files!!!

2nd. When I get to the 'gcc.err' part of your post (after working around the
tendency for my newreader to freeze when presented with 11000 line posts.
Got the hint?) I see the error is "previous declaration of 'va_list'"

2 Mins with google leads to
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=690317&group_id=5470
so you might try zenzen's suggestion.

--8<--
Hacking configure so it looks like the following
allows python to  build:
  case $ac_sys_system/$ac_sys_release in
    # On OpenBSD, select(2) is not available if
_XOPEN_SOURCE is defined,
    # even though select is a POSIX function. Reported by J.
Ribbens.
    SunOS/5.6 | OpenBSD/2.* | OpenBSD/3.[012])
      define_xopen_source=no;;
  esac
--8<--

Beyond this I cannot help as I have no access to any solaris box

--
        Nigel