wxpython : wxDc and Refresh() = flash

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Wed Nov 19 13:17:29 EST 2003

marco wrote:
> Juste a simple question about the DC in wxpython ...
>
> I've made a wxWindow class, where i need to paint myself the content.
> so i've added an evt_paint() to draw in the wxPaintDC ...
> It works like a charm !! superb
>
> To trigg the painter event, in some codes, i use the Refresh() method
> It works greatly !

Two points
1) you would do well to subscribe to the wxPython news group, they
specifically handle wxPython related issues and you will have a better
shot at getting the right answer.

http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

2) In the demos supplied by wxPython, see the wxScrolledWindow example.
  They show how to use a double buffering screen that will help prevent
the flashing screen when it is being redrawn.  Just look for

if BUFFERED:

in the code.  If you don't have access to this, I'll send it to you.

Brian