web guru advise needed.

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Tue Nov 11 10:59:17 EST 2003

I'm not a guru, I just play one on TV

I've been using Zope for one of my client's projects for quite a while. It's
Apache on the front end, Zope and Interbase (soon SAPDB) on the backside.

Originally I used DTML for templating, then moved to Page Templates, and now
I'm moving to xml and xslt. I use libxml2  and libxslt in Zope to generate
the HTML on the server, but if the client supports xml/xslt then I just ship
the xml to it.

This seems to give me the best performance. However the .xslt files can be
tough to work with. Basically, Zope is now just glue and access control.
It's much simpler now and I like it!

--
Novell DeveloperNet Sysop #5