List Subsets

Simon sorrynomail at no.no
Wed Nov 19 18:44:27 EST 2003

> >I'm hoping you could show me examples of how a functional/declarative
> >language could be used to consicely describe resticted subsets of
elements.
> >I'm looking for a 'specification' style definition so any ideas/input
would
> >be very welcome.
> >--
> >Say I have a list of items which is considered ordered...
> >
> [...]
> sounds like homework ;-)

If you mean I am doing my homework, then yes! My job doesn't demand that I
go and look at this kind of stuff but I do because it is interesting and
brings new ideas to the table. I was trying to give example scenarios
because I thought it made it easier to address, but it seems that implies I
am a lazy student!

I can't learn every languae under the sun to see if it is interesting to my
goals, but what I can do is ask for the advice of experts in languages that
could be interesting to decide which ones are worth spending the time over
to learn for the types of problem i'm trying to address. I hope this seems
reasonable.

As stated before, I'm looking for a 'specification' style definition of my
original problem, so any ideas/input would be very welcome.

Thanks again,
Simon.