python a bust?

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Thu Nov 13 20:10:06 EST 2003

On 13 Nov 2003 16:10:36 -0800, John Howard wrote:
> I have noticed, eg, the declinng number of books at my local borders.
> The last time I visited a borders (last week), there was 1 (sic) book
> about python on the shelve compared to dozens on perl & java!

What do you conclude from that?

I think the only meaningful conclusions you could draw from the stock
levels at Borders would be related to the purchasers for Borders, and
not to Python programmers.

> On my last inquiry about who teaching python, I got two, maybe three,

What do you conclude from that?

Low response rate could indicate many things, a lot of them unrelated to
the level of teaching resources for Python.

> I really want to see python succeed!

Keep using it then.  Evangelise it by proving it successful.

> It's the best language I've seen.

Glad to hear it.  Prove it to others as well, if you want its usage to
increase.

--
 \          "When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a |
  `\         great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many |