Python bug report on SF, what now?

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 27 17:01:56 EST 2003

Irmen de Jong <irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi
> I've submitted a bug report on Sourceforge
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=839496&group_id=5470&atid=105470)
> but am wondering what to do next?
>
> Should I have assigned it to somebody, or will
> it be noticed 'automagically'...?

It will be noticed automagically. As it has a patch associated, you
should have submitted it as a patch, though - some of us (including
myself) give patches higher priority, as they indicate that the
submitter is willing to do all the work. If a patch fixes a definite
bug, and it is clearly correct, I'll try to apply it right away (when
I notice it). If it is a patch, and it is dubious (e.g. incomplete, or
the problem is incorrectly described, ...), I'll ask for further
information. If it is a bug report, and it is not for code that I have
written myself, I ignore it.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. I have reclassified it as a patch.