Talking through pipes interactively (on win32)

Jane Austine janeaustine50 at
Sun Nov 9 20:18:48 CET 2003

I need to control a command line program via python.

I first tried popen2 and 3 but I couldn't find a way to talk to the
subprocess interactively; that is, read some and then write some, and
read some more again... (suppose controlling an interactive shell
program) When I try this with popen family, it just hangs. I have to
close one pipe before reading from the other.

I know that there is a wonderful thing called Expect, but it's not
available on my machine(win32).

Can anyone help me out?