plotting data against a time axis

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sat Nov 15 17:19:33 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a dictionairy containing DateTime objects as keys and integers as
values. What would be the easiest way to create a simple plot of these,
with a number axis versus a time axis? What library is the most
suitable for this? 'plot' on parnassus yields 18 hits, but since I have
zero experience, I don't know where to start. What makes it difficult
is that I have a time axis instead of a simple integer x-axis. Gnuplot
doesn't seem to be able to do this, or does it?

I could, of course, write the data as a .csv, import it in OpenOffice
and create a chart with OpenOffice, but I don't really see how to get
OOffice to use the first column with iso dates as time axis, and I
want to be able to do this automatically.

yours,
Gerrit Holl.

--
208. If he was a freed man, he shall pay one-third of a mina.
          -- 1780 BC, Hammurabi, Code of Law