Printing dots in single-line

Paul Rubin http
Sat Nov 29 13:04:47 EST 2003

"Rainer Deyke" <rainerd at eldwood.com> writes:
> Yes: the print statement is an abomination.  It is a special-case syntax for
> a task that requires no special syntax, and will hopefully be deprecated in
> the future, the sooner the better.

Are you kidding?  The example I keep asking about is the addition
operator (+).  Why does anyone need to say 2+2 when they can say
2-(-2)?  The addition operator is a special case syntax for the
subtraction operator where none is needed.  Should we deprecate it?
I'd rather say that a practical language needs to make concessions to
the way users actually think.