win32com (VBScript to Python) problem

Duncan Booth duncan at
Tue Nov 25 14:33:27 CET 2003

Tim Howarth <tim at> wrote in
news:4700e5564c.tim at

> In message <Xns943E7EB585A78duncanrcpcouk at>
>           Duncan Booth <duncan at> wrote:
>> Tim Howarth <tim at> wrote in
>> news:6e24de564c.tim at
>> > I want to use this to shutdown all machines in the school in which I
>> > work from a schedule on a server.
>> This isn't a Python solution at all, but have you looked at PsTools
>> (
> Yes, very handy tools.
> It's just that I'd like to do the shutting down myself - why call
> pshutdown if I can call the shut down mechanism directly.
I would say because with the pstools version you get a message on screen
telling the user that their system is going to shut down in 1 minute (or
whatever) and giving them an opportunity to save their work. You might
never need that, but it could save someone a lot of grief.

Duncan Booth                                             duncan at