Creating a random integer....

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Fri Nov 7 00:28:34 EST 2003

On 6 Nov 2003 21:40:57 -0800, Code_Dark wrote:
> Hi, sorry to bore you with my newbie questions, but I _am_ a newbie
> so.. right.

Welcome!  Start here:

    <http://www.python.org/doc/>

> Anyway, I was working out a "number guessing game", which
> works fine, except I wanted to make the number a random number so it's
> different every time... can you please tell me what to do to get
> python to create a random number?

The first place to check for "How do I get python to do foo" is the
Python library reference, detailing all the modules in the standard
library:

    <http://www.python.org/doc/lib/>

A search for "random" on that page will be illuminating.

--
 \     "I hope that after I die, people will say of me: 'That guy sure |
  `\                         owed me a lot of money.'"  -- Jack Handey |