Making a maze....

mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 18:27:35 EST 2003

Paul Moore <pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<ekw67lq2.fsf at yahoo.co.uk>...
> phil_nospam_schmidt at yahoo.com (Phil Schmidt) writes:
>
> > I couldn't resist...
>
> Interesting! One thing I'd like (I don't know if the OP had this in
> mind) is to have a marked "start" point, and a marked "end" point. A
> guarantee that there is a route from "start" to "end" would be good,
> too :-)

It appears that all the yellow squares are contiguous. I did a screen
capture and then used a paint bucket to dump onto a yellow square. The
paint flowed to every cell, so you could probably punch start and end
points anywhere in the outer wall, although some may end up trivially
easy.

I changed the program to do a single 100x100 maze instead of 64 10x10.
Really slows it down, but you can watch how the algorithm explores the
virgin territory.