need object crafts csv module pre-compiled for 2.3

rabbits77 rabbits77.nospam at
Tue Nov 25 02:44:02 CET 2003

Tim Peters wrote:
> [rabbits77]
>>I need a binary version of object craft's csv
>>parser( for 2.3.
> For which machine architecture and operating system?
    Win32, obviously, given my comments about a Windows C environment
>>I do not have the appropriate C environment for Windows and getting
>>one is an impossibility(in the short term anyway). I am working on a
>>project which uses this module. The project needs to work under 2.3
>>but this module is used so extensively refactoring the code to use
>>another parsing method would be an undertaking that I would prefer
>>not to do at the moment and instead concentrate on other areas of the
>>code. ...
> Well, this just gets more confusing.  Are you aware that a very capable csv
> module comes with Python 2.3?  You don't have to do anything to get it --
> it's already there.  It started with Dave Cole's module (which you linked to
> above), and Skip Montanaro did a lot of work on it after.  So is there a
> reason you can't use the csv module that comes with Python 2.3?
precompiled csv module=drop in replacement
new csv module=refactoring large volume of existing code
Their is no real need to refactor a whole bunch of existing code just to
use the newest thing. Doing so would be a waste of time. My time is
better spent on other project areas.