Database connect / PDO

Jon Franz jfranz at neurokode.com
Mon Nov 24 17:21:07 EST 2003

Yes, an underlying DBAPI driver is required, and mxODBC works...
mostly (see below).
I might recommend the adodbapi driver for use on the windows platform,
but that still leaves mxODBC for linux.

I may be wrong, but I think mxODBC module still doesn't provide all
the values for the DBAPI .description fields - I know the field name
is provided, but I don't know if the size info will be correct, or if a
non-None value will be available for the other attributes.
Thus, some of the Field object's member variables may be meaningless
when used with mxODBC on your project.

Does anyone know offhand when mxODBC will add this info?  I think
its the last (or one of the few) things holding it back from true DBAPI
2.0 compliance.

~Jon Franz
NeuroKode Labs, LLC