wxpython : wxDc and Refresh() = flash

marco marc.lentz at ctrceal.caisse-epargne.fr
Wed Nov 19 05:37:54 EST 2003

Juste a simple question about the DC in wxpython ...

I've made a wxWindow class, where i need to paint myself the content.
so i've added an evt_paint() to draw in the wxPaintDC ...
It works like a charm !! superb

To trigg the painter event, in some codes, i use the Refresh() method
It works greatly !

But the trouble is :

i found it flash a lot my wxwindow, when i trigg the painter ...
(i see speed "drawing horizontal line" .. which make the screen seems to
flash (i don't know how to describe that, but that flash my screen ;-) ))

Here are my questions :

- is there a way to wait for an "vertical top" to draw the content (to
synchronize with the screen redraw) ?
- is there a way to implement a double-buffering system, to let the redraw
be smoother ?

in an another way : how to skip theses flash redraw ?